Myths & Realities about Real Estate Con’t
Last month we introduced four myths and realities about local Real Estate – here are 5 more! The previous list that was issued can be found at:
- Not having features that are now available in new homes like master suite walk-in closets, ensuites, etc. Generally this is because the home is older and price will often reflect this. Although you can’t expect to get the equal price of a new home, many older homes have character and established lots. Renovations can help make any home feel newer and sell quicker.
- First appearances will stop people from going inside. This is usually not true if Buyers are viewing homes with a Realtor and an appointment has been made. Exteriors are very important – a little landscaping, shutters, paint etc. can make a difference. If the exterior is really bad, it will deter potential buyers from inquiring about the property if driving by. Spend some thought and time: get rid of old cars, cut the grass, make the home sellable.
- Swimming pools are always tough to sell. This is not always true. Some Buyers specifically want pools and there is a limited market and competition. The cost of installing a new pool is very expensive and often buying an existing pool is good value.
- Green features mean a higher sale price. While Buyers may not want to pay for it (heating & electricity Leed certification), often energy efficiency makes the home more sellable but this does not automatically mean a higher price.
- Over decorating can slow sales. While Christmas and Halloween decorations are fun, they should be removed as soon as it is practical if you are selling your home. If your home is heavily decorated with personal pictures, knickknacks, and too much furniture, remove as much as possible. Too much personal clutter can impact showings.
300 – 3303 Immel St. Abbotsford BC V2X 5Y1
1 – 32540 Logan Ave Mission BC V2V 6G3
O 604 859 3141 or 604 826 2699 F 604 859 5226 or 604 826 2621
Connect with us on Facebook:
Abbotsford real estate for sale, Abbotsford REALTORS®, and Abbotsford MLS® Listings. Access Abbotsford real estate listings, Abbotsford REALTORS®, new homes and Abbotsford foreclosures. We also have information on Abbotsford home selling, home buying and mortgages, movers and other realty services in Abbotsford and area.
Mission real estate for sale, Mission REALTORS®, and Mission MLS® Listings. Access Mission real estate listings, Mission REALTORS®, new homes and Mission foreclosures. We also have information on Mission home selling, home buying and mortgages, movers and other realty services in Mission and area.
Advantages for the Experienced Agent with HomeLife Glenayre Realty Co. Ltd.:
- Experienced Management
- Household name in local market
- Number one office in technology services
- Office of the future
- First paperless in Canada
- Latest web services including social networking