MYTH OR TRUTH IN SELLING HOUSES
4 quick points about home selling myths for Abbotsford and Mission home owners. Give it a quick read and please don’t hesitate to shoot me back a quick comment if you think we missed any. If you have any friends or family looking to buy or sell real estate this Spring, please let them know I would love to help! 🙂
- Bold paint colours can hurt home sales. I suppose it depends on how bold and how it is used. In my experience, I have looked at houses where bold colours really works. If you like the home, I think knowing roughly what it would cost to paint rooms will come in handy. Also, different neutral rugs and accessories can calm an area. In the scheme of things, if you like the home and area, painting is an inexpensive alternative and gives a nice new air to a home.
- Don’t buy the biggest home on the block. This has truth to it if the home is worth substantially more than others. For example, if it is a million dollar home in an area of $400,000 homes, then it may limit Buyers in the future. If it is a $500,000 home among $400,000 homes, the impact is much less. Every situation is different.
- Avoid first floor condos because of safety concerns. I think this is false. Living on the ground floor avoids elevators and usually gives more access to yard, larger patios, etc. If security is a concern, this can be addressed. Obviously views may be better the higher you go, but access to outside and the lobby may overcome this. It is all about personal taste.
- If you remodel your homes, you will get all your money back when you sell. This is not usually true. Depending on the remodel, you will normally recoup less than 80% of your investment. If a home is in very bad condition, you may have to upgrade some things as some Buyers will not be able to see past the problem areas. In most homes, a new coat of paint, cleaning and decluttering, and landscape touch-ups can provide the best return. Remember first appearances count and a newly painted front door and neat landscaping are simple.
Next month I will provide you 5 more myths and truths.
300 – 3303 Immel St. Abbotsford BC V2X 5Y1
1 – 32540 Logan Ave Mission BC V2V 6G3
O 604 859 3141 or 604 826 2699 F 604 859 5226 or 604 826 2621
Connect with us on Facebook:
Abbotsford real estate for sale, Abbotsford REALTORS®, and Abbotsford MLS® Listings. Access Abbotsford real estate listings, Abbotsford REALTORS®, new homes and Abbotsford foreclosures. We also have information on Abbotsford home selling, home buying and mortgages, movers and other realty services in Abbotsford and area.
Mission real estate for sale, Mission REALTORS®, and Mission MLS® Listings. Access Mission real estate listings, Mission REALTORS®, new homes and Mission foreclosures. We also have information on Mission home selling, home buying and mortgages, movers and other realty services in Mission and area.
Advantages for the Experienced Agent with HomeLife Glenayre Realty Co. Ltd.:
- Experienced Management
- Household name in local market
- Number one office in technology services
- Office of the future
- First paperless in Canada
- Latest web services including social networking