“Pop Quiz Hotshot!”
As I sit down to write this months Abbotsford | Mission Real Estate blogs for our Homelife Offices, I have 80’s and 90’s action-movies theme on my brain. It’s a random thought that may have been inspired by the 80’s and 90’s Music Radio Station billboard I was parked in front of in traffic today while driving to UBC to visit our Real Estate Division | Sauder School of Business. Before we blast into some Fraser Valley stats that involve our local area here is a quick list of the top 5 Action Movie Quotes off the top of my head. Feel free to suggest some in the comment box below.
- Terminator: The Terminator: “I’ll be back.”
- Scarface: Tony Montana “Say ‘hello’ to my little friend!”
- Starwars, The Empire Strikes back: “I am your father.” & “May the Force be with you.”
- Die Hard: John McClane: “Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister.”(All the other quotes had inappropriate language! LOL “Yippie kay-yay,…”)
- Speed: Howard Payne: “Pop quiz, hotshot. There’s a bomb on a bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? What do you do?”
- The Matrix: Morpheus: “This is your last chance. After this (Neo), there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.”
FRASER VALLEY MARKET
Now back to business of the Abbotsford | Mission real estate market, straight from the only reliable source of information in town, Homelife!
- In the Valley (Abbotsford, Mission, to North Delta) there were 1420 MLS sales in September.
- This was an increase from last year of 25%, only 1131 sales in September 2013.
Some feel it is the stability of prices that support the boost in sales. Overall, with all housing types together, there is little increase; largely the slower condominium market has affected this. Well located single family houses are still generating interest and activity. Townhomes are also selling better than condominiums although Abbotsford saw a slight increase in condominium sales last month.
300 – 3303 Immel St. Abbotsford BC V2X 5Y1
1 – 32540 Logan Ave Mission BC V2V 6G3
O 604 859 3141 or 604 826 2699 F 604 859 5226 or 604 826 2621
Connect with us on Facebook:
Abbotsford real estate for sale, Abbotsford REALTORS®, and Abbotsford MLS® Listings. Access Abbotsford real estate listings, Abbotsford REALTORS®, new homes and Abbotsford foreclosures. We also have information on Abbotsford home selling, home buying and mortgages, movers and other realty services in Abbotsford and area.
Mission real estate for sale, Mission REALTORS®, and Mission MLS® Listings. Access Mission real estate listings, Mission REALTORS®, new homes and Mission foreclosures. We also have information on Mission home selling, home buying and mortgages, movers and other realty services in Mission and area.
Advantages for the Experienced Agent with HomeLife Glenayre Realty Co. Ltd.:
- Experienced Management
- Household name in local market
- Number one office in technology services
- Office of the future
- First paperless in Canada
- Latest web services including social networking