Its our local Snapshots
• Compared to a weak April 2013, total housing starts were up 103 units from 12 units last year in April.
• Overall Canadian housing starts rose 24% in April 2014.
• Unemployment rates remain around the 8% mark, certainly down from the over 10% peak hit in late 2010 and early 2012.
• In BC, our economy was down 3600 jobs in April. After an impressive gain of 18,200 in March, strong employment leads to a stronger housing market.
AFFORDABILITY SNAPSHOTS for Vancouver & Fraser Valley
In the Fraser Valley, our prices seem reasonable compared to the Vancouver market. I find this chart interesting because even though the prices are high in Vancouver proper, year after year the market remains strong.
Here is the list of the 15 least affordable cities with a population over a million. Despite the costs, Vancouver rates very high on all liveability rankings.
1 Hong Kong
4 San Jose
5 San Francisco
10 San Diego
11 New York
12 Los Angeles
300 – 3303 Immel St. Abbotsford BC V2X 5Y1
1 – 32540 Logan Ave Mission BC V2V 6G3
O 604 859 3141 or 604 826 2699 F 604 859 5226 or 604 826 2621
Connect with us on Facebook:
Abbotsford real estate for sale, Abbotsford REALTORS®, and Abbotsford MLS® Listings. Access Abbotsford real estate listings, Abbotsford REALTORS®, new homes and Abbotsford foreclosures. We also have information on Abbotsford home selling, home buying and mortgages, movers and other realty services in Abbotsford and area.
Mission real estate for sale, Mission REALTORS®, and Mission MLS® Listings. Access Mission real estate listings, Mission REALTORS®, new homes and Mission foreclosures. We also have information on Mission home selling, home buying and mortgages, movers and other realty services in Mission and area.
Advantages for the Experienced Agent with HomeLife Glenayre Realty Co. Ltd.:
- Experienced Management
- Household name in local market
- Number one office in technology services
- Office of the future
- First paperless in Canada
- Latest web services including social networking